So after almost 2 years the little one has curtains up in his room. Yay for mommy! Dont worry we had blackout roller blinds up in his room all this time. I wanted to do an IKEA hack for a while and this was the perfect ocasion.
Oke let’s get started shall we.
The basis for this project was the Vivan curtains from IKEA. It was the perfect size for our window and at € 9,99 for two curtain pannels a great deal.
I made my own stamps using these steps.
First I sketched out some ideas for the stamps. I wanted to use geometric shapes. Using my craft knife I cut out the shapes from craft foam sheets. I used double sided tape to attach my foam shapes to scraps of wood to make my stamps. I then used a litle piece of curtain fabric to test my paint and stamps. All that rested was to stamp stamp stamp and stamp some more. This took for ever.
Remember to use a piece of cardboard underneath your fabric to catch any access ink and to get a nice and crisp image. I stuck to one colour per shape. I used VersaCraft ink in the colours tangerine, and lemon yellow and VersaColor int in mint and bronze for this project. I will not be washing these curtains on a regular basis so I chased it by using the VersaColor inks which are water based inks.
My mom helped me out with attaching the blue fabric at the bottom of the curtain panels. That was a nice touch to the curtains I think. I would really like to tell you that it was all in the original plans for this project but sadly no. This was a case of incorrect measurements by yours truly and a scram to get this project back on track. So yeah I had to run to the fabric store for some extra fabric when I realise my mistake. O well it all turned out great in the end.
My kids don’t like modelling for me. He sat there for all of 10 seconds. O well.
Till next time.