About 7 months ago I attended ShowUp trade show and I fell in love with a beautiful wallpaper from Kek Amsterdam. They were showing their new collection and I immediately knew I wanted to use one of their designs in my living room. As you know we remodelled our living room last June and we’ve been putting it back together ever since (with breaks in between so I don’t go crazy). You can see my moodboard for this space here. I reserved a wall, especially to install wallpaper on. The rest of the walls and the ceiling have been treated with this finely textured stucco. That part we had professionally done. Well, today I’m showing you THE wallpaper and telling you what we thought about the installation process.
And guess what guys, I’ve partnered with Kek Amsterdam to giveaway a Royal Blue Flowers wallpaper kit to one lucky reader. Keep reading to find out more.
This wallpaper is available in 3 different variations. Go here to check them all out. The wallpaper came with very clear instructions so we read those a few times before getting started. We haven’t wallpapered anything in about 10 years so we had to go buy all the tools. We came prepared you guys but we were so nervous not gonna lie to you. We make a pretty good wallpaper team so the husband and I tackled this one together. These are the tools we used.
- Perfax Ready & Roll wallpaper glue (behanglijm voor vliesbehang)
- Round paintbrush
- Wallpaper brush
- Paint tray
- Utility knife
- Wallpaper ruler (behanglineaal)
- Wallpaper smoother (behang spatel)
- Wallpaper glue roller
- Wallpaper edge smoother (behangranden aandrukker)
The wallpaper comes all on one roll so the first step is to cut out the 4 lengths of wallpaper off the roll. The lengths are clearly marked by numbers and the bottom of each length is marked as well.
This giveaway has ended.
- Leave a comment under this blogpost and let me know which Royal Blue Flowers you would like to win and where you would like to install it.
- Or go to my Instagram and follow me and Kek Amsterdam there. Share a picture of where you would install the wallpaper and tag @browngirldecor and @kekamsterdam and use #BGDLovesKekAmsterdam so I can find you. If your Instagram profile is private just leave a comment under the original giveaway.
The prize is one 194,8 x 280 cm (4 lengths wide) Royal Blue Flowers wallpaper of your choice. This design comes in 3 variations. Go here to see them all.
Giveaway will run from 31 March until 10 April.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.