If you are following me on Instagram you may have seen my sneak peak at this project. This was a real triumph for me. I had this idea about 6 months ago. I wanted to recover the pillow that came with this chair. I went into my fabric stash and choose this stripey Ikea fabric and the vintage wool blanket. I cut out all my pieces got the zipper and froze. I was just to afraid to put in that zipper. Wasn’t sure I could do it. Well a few days ago I decided to just go for it. It’s just a zipper and I have a seem ripper if it all went south on me.
This is what I used.
My initial plan was to use the pompom frill but I decided it was going to be too much. I switched to doing a simple applique type embellishment on the front panel of the pillow cover. I went for this kite design. I thought myself how to do basic embroidery stitching using YouTube. I felt so hip and happening finally getting with the program.
Till next time.